Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Mom's neighbor makes this and it is so good. The dressing makes it!
- fresh broccoli, cut in small pieces
- romaine lettuce, torn in small pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped (tops & bottoms)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 package ramen noodles (any flavor)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Crumble package of ramen noodles.
- Discard seasoning packet.
- Saute noodles in butter until browned.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together including the ramen noodles.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
Took this to a party & everyone really liked it. Chose not to put in the oranges, just due to personal taste. Very yummy and different.
I love these this type of salad! The walnuts and broccoli were nice additions. I used 2 tbs butter and halved the dressing. My mandarin oranges were extra plump and really added to the salad. Thanks Lizzybob for posting.
Our family really like this one! I put one 11 oz. can of oranges in it and only made half of the dressing (used a little less sugar too). This will go into the keeper file.