Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I searched for a cheesecake like this one and couldn't duplicate it. This recipe is from my ex-mother-in-law, who has passed on. My children miss her very much (and her cooking). They have since gotten some of her recipes from their father's family, so I can make them at home. It's a way for them to remember their grandmother plus she was quite a baker.
Top Review by Sweet PQ?
This is really good! My mother used to make this 30-40 years ago, and I still make it today. To dress it up I often top it with a good quality fruit pie filling - like cherry or blueberry.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces Cool Whip (1/2 of the 8 oz. tub)
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in Cool Whip until incorporated.
- Spoon into graham cracker crust and smooth top.
- Sprinkle top lightly with cinnamon.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours to firm up before serving.