Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Man Oh Man, this one is a meal fit for a Queen :) This is one of my FAVORITE recipes in the world! Good for anytime, or for that special night when you want to WOW guests or that "Special Person"! Just double or triple the ingredients, depending on how many you are making.
- 6 ounces of fresh lobsters or 1 (6 ounce) can lobster meat
- 20 Ritz crackers, 1/2 sleeve
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon, add to melted butter
- Defrost lobster if it is frozen, and cut into bite size pieces.
- Put crackers, broken into pieces, into a blender and chop fine.
- Combine lobster and crackers, then add melted butter mixed with lemon.
- Mix until crumbs are damp all over.
- Put into a small casserole dish to bake, then put 4-5 dry, broken crackers over the top.
- Bake at 400, for 15-20 minutes.
- You may add extra lemon to taste, when ready to eat.
- I love to dip mine in melted butter with a little bit of vinegar and salt.
Amazing dinner. Absolutely loved it! Just like being in a fancy restaurant, with the comfort of home, and helps to keep the cost down. We had this last night for supper. I doubled the recipe, and baked them in separate little ceramic baking dishes. DH wants me to make it again soon. This is a new one to add to my favorites for sure. Thanks!
Thank you Linda for this awesome recipe. It was just delicious! I doubled the recipe and made along with a Greek Salad for my husband and me. What a treat! If you haven't tried this recipe, you don't know what your missing. I did add a little salt to my butter and tried dipping my lobster pieces in the butter and vinegar. I really like it with the vinegar. It adds such flavor to the dish. Thanks for the tip Linda. This couldn't have been any better if I had gone to the Ritz to eat it!
My dh is a lobsterman and he just got his first catch of the year. I was dying for a great Lobster Pie recipe, and this is the perfect recipe for us. Just like the recipes in the restaurants around here in Maine. Lobster is delicious by itself, but when you add these few ingredients it makes it an elegant meal, good enough to serve when you have company coming. We had this with steamed clams and drawn butter with lemon, and I tell you, my dh was one happy man LOL