Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
These were always a treat for us growing up... My mom loved her seafood, and this one was such a TREAT!
Top Review by Little Miss Cheffie
Gracious sakes alive these were awesome! I love scallops and have been waiting to have some nice fresh ones. This recipe was perfect and exactly what I was looking for. Simple to make and just plain great! Before eating I topped mine with lemon juice and dipped in tarter sauce and ketchup. Yummy! Had with homemade french fries and coleslaw and we were in total bliss throughout the meal! Thanks for posting Linda!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unflavored breadcrumbs, to coat scallops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb sea scallops (If large, cut in half or quarters)
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash scallops in cold water, and drain on paper towel.
- Beat eggs.
- Add salt to crumbs.
- Roll scallops in crumbs, then dip in egg. Roll in crumbs again.
- Deep fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Scallops are done when they are white in the middle.
- Drain on absorbent paper towels.
- Serve with lemon and ketchup, tarter sauce, or cocktail sauce.