Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Perfect warm with a little butter. I bet it would be good as a sandwich, but it never seems to last that long in my house. Very addictive.
- 2 1⁄2-2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated onion (I substitute minced onion)
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 325 & grease a large round casserole dish.
- Warm the cottage cheese a little in the microwave.
- Put yeast in 1/4 C warm water & then mix with the warmed cottage cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all other ingredients together. Then put into the casserole. (Shirley sometimes puts cornstarch on outside of loaf, top & bottom.).
- Let sit & rise over the top.
- Back at 325 for about 25 minutes, until crust is browned to your preference.
This bread was delicious! It turned out more like a quick bread than a yeast bread, but the flavor was superb. I didn't have a large round casserole dish, so I placed it in a 4 x 8 rectangular casserole dish. It needed to cook about 33 minutes to get browned. Really good flavor.