Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My mom made these one time for a baby shower, and they were so pretty and tasty. I remember I couldn't leave these little buggers alone, until they were gone. Simple to make, and they make a nice addition to any buffet! Preparation time doesn't include time painting and drying the bread dough.
Top Review by wendyt57
I made these for a baby shower for my DIL and everyone raved about them. Such a simple sandwich, light and delicious! My DIL is having twins, so I made some pink and some blue. They looked so pretty, and tasted even better! Lovely sandwiches, that looked pretty on the table, tasted great and was easy and fun to make. I used a lg. muffin cutter to cut out into circles instead of squares. Gave the recipe out to several of the guests including the mommy to be. She LOVED them!!!
- 8 slices white bread, crusts cut off, into a square
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup walnuts or 20 green olives, very finely chopped
- food coloring (optional)
- water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut crusts off, making each slice of bread into a square.
- In a microwave safe bowl, put cream cheese in the microwave, on high, for 45 secs. This will make the cream cheese soft.
- Add milk to the cream cheese, and mix well until smooth.
- To the cream cheese, add olives, or walnuts. Mix well, and spread on each slice of bread.
- Roll up the bread slices, wrap in saran wrap, and put in the refrigerator to let chill for at least 1 hours.
- When ready to serve cut rolls into 1/4" rounds, and serve on a platter.
- You can take food coloring and mix with a little water, and brush on the outside of each bread roll to color them, then let dry, before cutting into 1/4" rounds. This is a great idea for pink or blue or green or yellow theme at a baby or bridal shower!