Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My mom made these often when we were kids, and I wanted to share this YUMMY recipe with all of you... If you like Chocolate Chip Cookies, you will love these DELICIOUS morsels! They are like the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie, only better, because this one has coconut!
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and brown sugar, and add eggs. Mix, and set aside.
- Sift and mix together flour, baking powder, and salt, and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix, and add nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut if you like it.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" pan, and bake at 350, for 25-30 minutes.
- When almost cool, cut into 2" squares.