Recipe by Carole Whitmore
Got this one from my neighbor. The meat was so tender and moist. She had cooked this on her outdoor grill and aroma that surrounded you was just mouth watering. Prep time is basically the marinading time. But it's a great one dish meal. Try my Grilled Salad as a great side dish
- 1 (3 lb) chuck roast
- 1⁄3 bottle pineapple and teriyaki marinade
- 1⁄2 cup Catalina dressing
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 russet potatoes or 4 red potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Make slits in Chuck Roast (I put about 4-5 slits in).
- Combine onion powder, salt, pepper and rub onto roast.
- Combine the garlic and tarragon and stuff into slits on the roast.
- Mix the teriaki (spelling) and Catalina dressing and marinate the roast for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Par boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes.
- Slice the vidalia onions and place in the bottom of a foil lined roasting pan.
- Place the marinated roast on top of the onions.
- Slice the potatoes in half and arrange around the roast.
- Bring the foil up around the roast but not to tight.
- Pour remaining marinade over all.
- Bake 2 hours at 350.