Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the cupcake project blog. You can make a Roy Rogers cupcake by subbing the 7-up with coke, and the lemon and lime extract with cola extract. Top this cupcake with the frosting, then a cherry.
For the cupcakes
- 1 cup Sprite
- 1 cup grenadine
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lime extract
- For the cupcakes:.
- Combine soda, grenadine, and vinegar and let stand for a few minutes. Add sugar and oil and whisk vigorously until slightly frothy. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add flour mixture to the first bowl. Be careful not to over-mix.
- This should make 24 cupcakes. Fill cupcake liners about 1/2 way. They will rise a lot! Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- For the frosting:.
- Make sure butter and cream cheese are at room temperature. Cream the butter and cream cheese. Sift in 4 C of powdered sugar. Add extracts.