Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Had this drink in California. Love the name (the Black is from using Black rum).
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Bacardi dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cranberry juice
- 7-Up soda
- maraschino cherry (for garnish)
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add the rum, then cranberry juice.
- Fill the glass with 7-Up and garnish with cherries.
Shirley Temple Black: Whereas Shirley Temple was a sweet virgin and non alcoholic, Shirley Temple Black is married and deflowered with booze.
I give the recipe to my DH to make this and he made us drinks 1/2 cranberry and 1/2 rum on ice. Wow! Strong! He forgot to top it with the 7-up. Which I did as soon as I tried it. This was pretty good.I didn`t have any cherries but it did remind me of a adult version of the Shirly Temples.
The "Black" in "Shirley Temple Black" is actually her married name. She married Charles Black in 1950 and added "Black" to her original name.