Recipe by greyghost
Another one of my second mom's specialties! I love her cooking - hopefully that talent will rub off on me!
Top Review by Mary Ellen Watson
Don't know Shirley's Mom but, I love this recipe. Put the leftovers into containers and put them in the freezer. When I needed something for breakfast during the week, I just thawed out a portion and warmed it in the microwave. Tasted just a great as the day I made it.
- 12 slices bread, each slice buttered then cubed (pepperidge farm white - use whole loaf)
- 3⁄4 lb grated new york white cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter and cube each slice of bread.
- Alterante cubed bread and cheese in well greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Pour over top.
- Sprinkle pepper or paprika over top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To bake, preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Place pan in pan of water (use foil pan larger than 9x13).
- Bake covered for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 20 more minutes.