1/3 Photos of Shirley Corriher's Touch of Grace Biscuits
If you watch Alton Brown's Good Eats show, you know Shirley Corriher. These biscuits will curl your toes, they're so good :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Combine self-rising flour, sugar and salt. Work shortening in with your fingers until there are no large lumps. Stir in cream, then buttermilk, until it resembles cottage cheese. (Very sticky) Add more buttermilk, if needed.
- 3Spread all-purpose flour in shallow pan. Scoop dough (use a #30) into flour, leaving space between each. Coat with flour, gently shape into a round, shaking off excess flour. Place biscuit into prepared pan, smooched up against its neighbor. Continue scooping and shaping.
- 4Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Brush with melted butter, invert onto plate, then back onto another. Cut biscuits to serve.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shirley Corriher's Touch of Grace Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (850 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 399.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g