Recipe by Pinay0618
If you watch Alton Brown's Good Eats show, you know Shirley Corriher. These biscuits will curl your toes, they're so good :)
Top Review by diner524
I just love biscuits for breakfast and once I saw the photo of these in the "All you can cook" special in the games forum, I knew I had to try them. Thanks under12parsecs for the recommendation!!! These turned out perfectly for texture and moisture, these are on the sweet side for me, so I will probably only use 1/2 of the amount next time. I think the key to great biscuits is to use sticky dough and less handling, such as this recipe states to do!! Thanks for sharing a great biscuit recipe.
- 2 cups tenda-bake self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk, as needed (or more)
- 1 cup tenda-bake all-purpose flour, for shaping
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine self-rising flour, sugar and salt. Work shortening in with your fingers until there are no large lumps. Stir in cream, then buttermilk, until it resembles cottage cheese. (Very sticky) Add more buttermilk, if needed.
- Spread all-purpose flour in shallow pan. Scoop dough (use a #30) into flour, leaving space between each. Coat with flour, gently shape into a round, shaking off excess flour. Place biscuit into prepared pan, smooched up against its neighbor. Continue scooping and shaping.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Brush with melted butter, invert onto plate, then back onto another. Cut biscuits to serve.