Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Jellies, James & Chutneys – Preserving the Harvest makes 2 ¼ pounds – can be made with any wine. Try Chardonnay or port
- In a heavy pot mix the wine with the lemon juice and pectin. Bring to a boil, whisking all the time.
- Add the sugar and stir until the mixture has dissolved completely.
- Increase the heat and bring to a full rolling boil, skimming off any foam.
- Boil for 2 minutes and the test for set. If jelly has not set, return mixture to a full boil and cook for another minute and test again.
- When the jelly has reached the setting point, ladle into small jot sterilized jars, seal and label.