Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Inspiration from Healthier Ramen, I changed the seasonings a bit and used low calorie tofu noodles. Salt is optional, but so yummy! This is quick and easy, and brings back wonderful memories of my college days...with a lot less calories! 1 (8oz) package of the tofu noodles is only 40 calories.
- 1 cup nonfat chicken broth or 1 cup nonfat beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles (either spaghetti or angel hair shape)
- 1 -2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules or 1 -2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste) (optional)
- 1 pinch celery seed
- Rinse tofu noodles under hot water. Drain and cut noodles in half (into manageable pieces.) Set aside.
- Mix all seasonings together. Bring broth to a boil and mix in the spices, stirring well until they are dissolved.
- Add soy sauce and tofu noodles and simmer until heated through. If you wish, stir in some chopped green onions, or some cooked meat or veggies!
i will make this again and again. i didn't have bouillon granules or 5 spice powder or celery seed, and it still came out so good. i had 3 packs of noodles that were about to "expire" so i just decided to use all 3 and get them used before they did. next time i'll cut back the soy sauce a bit, but, thanks so much for posting
I didn't have many of the spices (celery seed, Chinese five spice, bouillon, coriander) but this was still really good. I rinsed the noodles under hot water for about 15 minutes, then just let them dry a bit (they still had a bit of water in them though). Mixed everything, added noodles, boil, and then took them off and put the cover on for 10 minutes so the noodles would absorb the broth. SO GOOD. Mine ended up being 37 calories, pretty filling because of the broth. I will definitely add veggies next time!