Recipe by yogiclarebear
Inspiration from Healthier Ramen, I changed the seasonings a bit and used low calorie tofu noodles. Salt is optional, but so yummy! This is quick and easy, and brings back wonderful memories of my college days...with a lot less calories! 1 (8oz) package of the tofu noodles is only 40 calories.
Top Review by ShortieNJ
i will make this again and again. i didn't have bouillon granules or 5 spice powder or celery seed, and it still came out so good. i had 3 packs of noodles that were about to "expire" so i just decided to use all 3 and get them used before they did. next time i'll cut back the soy sauce a bit, but, thanks so much for posting
- 1 cup nonfat chicken broth or 1 cup nonfat beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles (either spaghetti or angel hair shape)
- 1 -2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules or 1 -2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste) (optional)
- 1 pinch celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse tofu noodles under hot water. Drain and cut noodles in half (into manageable pieces.) Set aside.
- Mix all seasonings together. Bring broth to a boil and mix in the spices, stirring well until they are dissolved.
- Add soy sauce and tofu noodles and simmer until heated through. If you wish, stir in some chopped green onions, or some cooked meat or veggies!