Recipe by yogiclarebear
A lower cal/fat version of the classic creamy noodle dish, using my favorite tofu noodles! You can also use regular noodles with the sauce of course. This makes enough sauce to cover an added meat or vegetable.
- 8 ounces tofu shirataki noodles, Fettuccine shape
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or more to taste) or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or more to taste)
- cooked meat (optional) or broccoli (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tofu noodles. Using a scissors, cut them into 3-4” pieces. Parboil for 2-3 minutes to remove the “Shirataki” aroma from the noodles.
- Combine ricotta, cream cheese, half and half, margarine, parmesan, salt and pepper and mix slightly.
- Spray treat a small non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, add the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes, until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the tofu noodles and heat through, stirring. Add pre-cooked meat or veggie here, if desired, and heat through.
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Make a reservoir in the center of the pan with the noodles surrounding. Add the sauce mixture and let it soften. Mix it up and stir it into the noodles.
- Heat through and serve!