Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From www.ndtv.com , this recipe is posted in response to a request on the boards from Chef Ranikabani.
- 250 g roasted vermicelli
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 750 ml milk
- 400 g sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron strand, soaked in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 100 g crumbled khoya
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon pistachio nut
- 1 tablespoon roasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- edible edible silver foil, to decorate (chandi ka warq)
- Fry vermicelli in hot ghee until coloured.
- Pour in milk.
- Allow it to simmer for two minutes.
- Add sugar and continue cooking until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in saffron, khoya, raisins and nuts.
- Decorate with silver leaf, remaining saffron and dried fruit.