Recipe by roja khan
This dessert is made on the occasion of Eid, which is celebrated by the Muslims. Shir Kurma is milk-based and full of nuts and raisins
- 1 cup fine vermicelli
- 1 liter full-cream milk
- 1⁄2 liter sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, blanched and cut into slivers
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, sheeled and choppe coarsely
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the milk, condensed milk and sugar in a deep thick-bottomed pan and bring to a boil stirring frequently. Reduce to a simmer and thicken till the milk mixture is reduced to 75 per cent of its original volume.
- In another pan melt the ghee and roast the vermicelli till golden.
- Add this vermcelli to the milk mixture and stir well.
- Add the nuts, raisins and cardamom and stir well.
- Shir Kurma is eaten warm, garnished with slivered almonds.