Recipe by Rick Young
Hamburger/potato casserole that is both filling and easy to make with common ingredients.
Top Review by jean
This is a delicious and filling casserole. When I make it, I omit the beans, and use about 4 carrots, sliced, that I cook in the microwave until barely tender before adding to the other ingredients. Add the onions--that's what makes it so good! (some ketchup helps, too!)
- 2 large potatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 cup uncooked rice (not instant)
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- salt and pepper
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the first six ingredients in a large, buttered casserole dish, sprinkling each layer with salt and pepper.
- Mix the soup and water and pour on top.
- Cover the dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.