Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A quick and easy casserole that's inexpensive to boot. Nothing hits the spot like Shipwreck on a chilly day.
- This is an easy recipe. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish, or roasting pan, with the ground beef. Put 1/3 of the tomato soup on top, and a bit seasoning salt or Mrs. Dash.
- Layer potatoes, carrots and onion, in that order.
- Add the rest of your tomato soup, and Mrs. Dash, also, you could substitute with your favourite seasoning - I use chili powder and a little cayenne to boost the heat a little.
- Bake, covered, for 2 hours.
Good & easy to prepare, though not likely to become a favorite. Made this as directed (using the seasoning salt, 4 potatoes & 3 carrots), except that I added a tsp of chili powder on top as suggested in the directions and used about an extra 1/2 lb ground beef. Next time I would definately add garlic and a little cayenne pepper, that or use Campbell's Ranchero tomato soup for more flavor and probably some celery. DH thought it was pretty good, but that there was too much carrots. DS wasn't really sure how she felt about, seemed to think it was odd. She said she'd eat it again if it appeared in front of her, but wouldn't be requesting it's reappearance. I thought it was good, just nothing earth shattering. Would make it again on a day that I don't have much time. Thanks.
For such a ridiculously simple recipe, this was FANTASTIC! I added several cloves of garlic as well as some garlic powder and hot sauce. My teenaged daughter had seconds!!! 3 thumbs up! Thanks Patti!