Recipe by Patti-atti
A quick and easy casserole that's inexpensive to boot. Nothing hits the spot like Shipwreck on a chilly day.
Top Review by littleturtle
Good & easy to prepare, though not likely to become a favorite. Made this as directed (using the seasoning salt, 4 potatoes & 3 carrots), except that I added a tsp of chili powder on top as suggested in the directions and used about an extra 1/2 lb ground beef. Next time I would definately add garlic and a little cayenne pepper, that or use Campbell's Ranchero tomato soup for more flavor and probably some celery. DH thought it was pretty good, but that there was too much carrots. DS wasn't really sure how she felt about, seemed to think it was odd. She said she'd eat it again if it appeared in front of her, but wouldn't be requesting it's reappearance. I thought it was good, just nothing earth shattering. Would make it again on a day that I don't have much time. Thanks.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 3 -4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion
- 10 1⁄2 ounces tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- This is an easy recipe. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish, or roasting pan, with the ground beef. Put 1/3 of the tomato soup on top, and a bit seasoning salt or Mrs. Dash.
- Layer potatoes, carrots and onion, in that order.
- Add the rest of your tomato soup, and Mrs. Dash, also, you could substitute with your favourite seasoning - I use chili powder and a little cayenne to boost the heat a little.
- Bake, covered, for 2 hours.