Recipe by Kent Hunter-Duvar
I'm a sailor, and this is a quick, easy meal, cooked in one pan, over a single burner and that can be prepared from primarily canned ingredients (the only refrigeration on board ship is a large icebox.) Whole meal in under 10 minutes and the crew loves it.
- 1 can Chinese hot & sour soup
- to taste brown sugar
- 1 can stir fry vegetables
- 1 can chicken piece (not flakes)
- to taste fresh snow pea
- to taste sesame oil
- to taste soy sauce
- Minute Rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water and add the "minute" rice and set aside.
- Open a can of Chinese "Hot & Sour" soup (adding a bit of brown sugar) and heat. While it is heating open, rinse and drain a can of stir fry vegetables, a can of chicken pieces (not flakes) and rinse some fresh snow peas.
- Remove soup from burner, put on fry pan, add some sesame oil, toss in vegertables and peas, toss a few times, add chicken, stir about 2 minutes and add some soy sauce and served.