Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came from my aunt, we have had it over ten years. A little time consuming but awesome casserole. One of my families favorites. I have given to a few other people and it has become one of their favorites as well. This casserole has everything in except the kitchen sink.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of thin sliced carrot
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Brown beef.
- Combine milk, tomato soup and seasonings. Grease casserole and arrange layers:.
- Onions, beef, rice, chopped celery, carrots, potatoes, and spiced tomato soup mixture.
- This can be layered twice ending with tomato soup mixture on top
- Bake at 300 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.
It was well worth the time it took to slice and dice. I used 1 tsp of fresh diced garlic instead of garlic salt.
Very easy, and very tasty!