Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is posted for Sly Girl. It's a Cake Mix Doctor recipe. Very chocolatey, but so fast and easy. It makes enough for 1 bundt or tube cake. For a change, you can substitute 1/4 cup of brewed coffee for the cream.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat.
- Add cocoa and cream, stir until it thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon over your cooled cake.
- If you'd like to add nuts on the glaze, sprinkle them over when the glaze is still warm.
This is good, I used the 1/4 c. coffe instead of cream b/c i made my mom a dark chocolate cake w/a marscapone coffee filling w/this glaze on top, for her b-day, it was to-die-for!!
It looks like I have failed to review this glaze. I've used it several times and it is delicious - and quick and easy to make. If you have a good chocolate cake and want to put that special final touch on it, give this glaze a try. UPDATE: OH MY -- I just noticed -- apparently when I did this reviewe earlier this year, I neglected to select any stars!!! NO, no, no!!! It needs to have the 5 stars it deserves. Thanks, ciao!