Prep 1 min
Cook 7 mins
Quick and easy breakfast. Serve with cubed cheddar cheese and olives.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander (or to taste)
- I have never measured the exact amounts i use here, these are approximate, so just adjust it to your personal taste.
- Spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray (or use butter if you prefer, it will taste better that way), and cook the onion until it is softened.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and spices, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add eggs, and cook until just set.
- Eggs should be red-orange.
- Serve with pita bread.
We didn't love the flavour, it was different for eggs to us, but it is fine. The texture of the eggs is really soft which I didn't like. I used whole canned plum tomatoes blended up to make a sauce, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground coriander, plus the rest. Not a recipe I would make again.
Very tasty but the tomato paste makes the texture of the eggs a little looser than usual. I would like some peppers mixed in with the eggs - even a Jalapeno though this may not be traditional I think it would taste excellent Thanks for posting Najwa I love to try new recipes.
really enjoyed these. I was trying to recreate eggs I ate a lot in Greece, these are similar. I used two tomatoes chopped up fine, and half an onion, and three eggs. Very nice, will make again. Oh and I put in a small amount of cubed cheddar cheese.