Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't be scared off by the long title. This dish is not difficult to make and goes together in 30 minutes.
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, minced green onions, and gingeroot, sauteeing for 3 minutes.
- Spoon into a small bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, the set aside.
- Cut a horizontal slit in the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket.
- Stuff about 1 1/2 tablespoons mushroom mixture into each pocket.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, cooking for 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- Remove from skillet and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, orange rind and next 3 ingredients to skillet; bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Spoon the orange glaze over chicken and garnish with some more sliced green onions.
This was delicious! My BF raved about how great the apartment smelled while I was cooking. Definitely one to have again.