Recipe by Is This Really Necessary
Nice as a starter for a romantic dinner. First step can be prepared in advance.
- 1 shallot
- 1⁄4 red capsicum
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms
- 10 g butter
- 5 tablespoons dry white wine
- 250 ml stock
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon mixed french herbs
- lemon juice
- 2 small frozen puff pastry sheets (circa 100 g total)
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and finely dice shallot and capsicum. Clean and slice mushrooms. Wilt shallot in hot butter in circa 2 minutes. Add capsicum and mushrooms and softly sauté for 5 more mins, until mushrooms are soft and start to release some fluids. Add stock, 100 ml water, wine, marjoram, and mixed herbs. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees Centigrade (440 degrees Fahrenheit). Defrost pastry. Chop parsley finely.
- Reheat soup and add parsley. Stir egg yolk. Pour soup into two high bowls. Using a baking pin, flatten pastry sheets slightly until they fit over the bowls; cover bowls with pastry and 'glue' them to the sides using some water. Brush top with egg yolk. Bake in oven until pastry is golden brown (circa 8 mins). Serve immediately.