Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons light margarine
- 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom (stemmed & sliced)
- 1 large shallot (peeled and minced)
- 2 large garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mushroom soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt or 1 teaspoon colored coarse sea salt
- In skillet over medium heat, melt 1 1/2 T light margarine. Add shiitake mushrooms and saute 5 minutes until tender. Remove from skillet & set aside.
- Melt remaining margarine in skillet. Saute shallots & garlic 2 minutes until tender. Add green beans and tamari soy sauce. Toss to coat.
- Add veggie broth, cover, and simmer 8-10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed/evaporated and beans are crisp yet tender. Stir in mushrooms, sesame seeds, & pepper.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (I use coarse Hawaiian red sea salt for beautiful color).