Recipe by MarraMamba
yummy, simple and delightful mushroom dish on greens from Chef Jimmy Sneed
Top Review by *Parsley*
Fantastic salad! It's a bit different than the usual and it looks pretty with the tomato chunks arranged around the shiitakes. The dressing is simple and mild. I made this just as written. Thanx for a great salad!
- 2 lbs fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
- 2 fresh shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, cubed
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce chicken stock or 1 ounce fish stock
- 1 tablespoon aged sherry wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- diced tomato
- baby mixed salad green
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard. Slice the caps into 1/8 inch slices. Shiitakes are generally very clean and may need only a slight brushing off.
- Heat a heavy pan till very hot, cast iron if possible and add 1/4 inch of the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook for 15 seconds. Salt and pepper to taste while they are cooking. Add the garlic and shallots but keep stirring the mushroom so that the garlic and shallots do not color or burn.
- After 1 minute add the stock and then the cold butter. Swirl the pan to allow the liquid to absorb the butter. This will thicken the sauce.
- Pour vinegar in a mixing bowl, add salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil and adjust to taste. Toss babymixedlettuces in vinaigrette, arrange on plate. Place on top of mixed lettuces a portion of shiitakes. Arrange the diced tomatoes around the shiitake mushrooms.