Made with healthy shiitake mushrooms, this gravy tastes just like turkey gravy only less greasy. Adapted from Delicious Living magazine.
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil (or other vegetable oil,1/4-1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 lb fresh shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons Braggs amino acids
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat oil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- 2Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes the consistency of wet sand.
- 3Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more.
- 4Pour in stock and soy sauce.
- 5Bring to a slow boil and cook 20 to 30 minutes until thickened.
- 6Adjust seasoning with apple cider vinegar, sea salt and black pepper.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shiitake Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 504.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: