Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the PCC website.
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup goat's milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white parts and a little of the light green part, halved and sliced thinly. (Note -- Make sure to wash thoroughly, after cutting in half, pat dry.)
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, stems removed, and sliced into 1/4 inch slices. You can substitute cremini mushrooms for the shiitak
- 1⁄4 lb sheep milk or 1⁄4 lb goat milk feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add goat milk, salt and pepper and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Heat olive oil over medium in a medium-sized cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet.
- Add leeks and sauté until leeks begin to soften, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add mushrooms.
- Continue to sauté until mushrooms have released their fluid and are soft, about another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture over the sautéed vegetables and stir to combine. Allow to cook on the stovetop for 3 or 4 minutes. Sprinkle feta over the top of the eggs, pushing the cheese into the egg mixture so it is submerged.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. The top of the frittata should be golden yellow and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.