Recipe by Rita~
Enjoy on grilled french bread, toasted pita or brioche, crackers dip into fresh vegetables or top a grilled steak or chicken. Optional:Your choice of Mushrooms may be added and or subbed to the shiitake.
Top Review by Sharon123
I halved the recipe and served it on whole wheat French bread, which was toasted. Delish! I introduced a friend to capers, then let him try this and he loved it too! It has a little bite from the garlic, we loved it! Thanks Rita!
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 cup garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large sauté pan, heat olive oil and sauté mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add shallots and thyme. Cook for 3 minutes longer or until moisture is gone; remove from heat and cool.
- In another sauté pan, heat 1/4 cup olive oil. Place garlic cloves in oil and cook over medium heat until light golden brown. Cool garlic and reserve oil for later use. .
- In a food procesor, place garlic, black pepper, parsley and mushroom mixture. Pulse a few times to finely chop mixture, and add a little oil at a time to make mixture loose. Do not puree mixture.
- Add capers and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with fresh grilled bread.