1/2 Photos of Shiitake Mushroom and Caper "caviar"
Enjoy on grilled french bread, toasted pita or brioche, crackers dip into fresh vegetables or top a grilled steak or chicken. Optional:Your choice of Mushrooms may be added and or subbed to the shiitake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large sauté pan, heat olive oil and sauté mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- 2Add shallots and thyme. Cook for 3 minutes longer or until moisture is gone; remove from heat and cool.
- 3In another sauté pan, heat 1/4 cup olive oil. Place garlic cloves in oil and cook over medium heat until light golden brown. Cool garlic and reserve oil for later use. .
- 4In a food procesor, place garlic, black pepper, parsley and mushroom mixture. Pulse a few times to finely chop mixture, and add a little oil at a time to make mixture loose. Do not puree mixture.
- 5Add capers and adjust seasoning to taste.
- 6Serve with fresh grilled bread.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shiitake Mushroom and Caper "caviar"
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.4
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 220.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g