Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Everyday Food Magazine, December 2005.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced diagonally
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 ounces snow peas, strings removed and halved crosswise
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon oil.
- Add eggs; swirl to coat bottom of pan. Cook until set, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, thinly slice.
- Add remaining oil and onion to pan; cook, stirring, until translucent, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add carrots; cook, stirring, until they begin to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring until tender, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and snow peas; cook, stirring, until snow peas are vibrant green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice, soy sauce, and vinegar; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in sliced egg.