Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love to make frittata on weekends and for guests! I found this in Bon Appetit.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallot (about 4 large)
- 1 (3 ounce) packagethinkly sliced prosciutto, slivered (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps thinly sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups packed coarsely grated Fontina cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in 12" nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; saute 2 minutes. Add prosciutto; saute until almost crisp, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, saute until brown and tender, about 6 minutes. Cool mushroom mixture in skillet 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, 1 cup grated Fontina cheese, parsley, salt and pepper in large bowl. Stir in mushroom mixture. Melt 1 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook without stirring until bottom and sides are set (top will be undercooked), about 10 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and bake frittata until top is set, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle frittata with remiaining 1 cup cheese. Broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Using heatproof spatula, loosen frittata on all sides. Slide onto platter.
- Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.