Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
This is a super easy Japanese dish. “Don” is an abbreviation of “Donburi” and means a bowl of rice with food on top. Shiitake mushrooms lower cholesterol and prevent high blood pressure and cancer. To make it healthy, I suggest using cooked quinoa or brown rice instead of white rice. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog at www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 large onion
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon sake (option)
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar or 1 teaspoon other natural artificial sweetener
- 1 scallion, sliced
- shichimi togarashi, for topping (optional)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or 2 cups brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and saute onion slices.
- Add mushrooms, water, tamari, sugar and sake.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced in half and mushrooms are tender.
- Put cooked quinoa or brown rice in a small bowl and place the mushrooms and onion on top.
- Sprinkle scallions and shichimi togarashi (if using) on top.
- Infuse love into the food and serve!