Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Shiitake broccoli noodles
- 1 . set 1 pinch rawspicebar five-spice powder
- 2 . set 1/2 lb buckwheat noodles, udon, fettuccine (soba) or 2 other thick wheat noodles
- 3 . set 1 lb broccoli, crowns cut into small florets
- 4 . set 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 5 . set 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 . set 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 7 . set 1 shallots, diced
- 8 . set 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 9 . set 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 . set 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 11 . set 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 . set 1/2 cup chicken or 12 vegetable broth
- 13 . set 3 scallions, sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli to the boiling water and blanch for 1 minute. Allow to cool, then drain and dry on paper towels. Set pot of water aside.
- Heat a heavy skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of peanut oil. When rippling hot, add mushrooms and sear for 5 minutes. Turn heat to medium, add RawSpiceBar's Shiitake Powder, pinch of RawSpiceBar's Five Spice Powder, garlic, ginger, scallions, and red pepper flakes and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant. Remove from the heat and transfer to bowl.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and heat remaining tbsp oil until rippling. Add mushroom mixture, broccoli, stock and soy sauce, bring to a simmer on low heat. Simmer uncovered for 1-2 minutes, until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, bring the pot of water back to a boil and add pasta. Cook noodles until al dente. Drain and toss with the mushrooms, broccoli and sesame oil. Serve and enjoy!