Here's another fall-tasting recipe with apples. This is actually fairly low in fat, and vegan as written. If desired, you can add 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese - stir it in just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the stock to a simmer in a large pan.
- 2In a seperate pan, saute the onion in the oil until translucent (~4minutes).
- 3Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- 4Add the apple and stir briefly; then add the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Raise the heat to medium high and add 1 cup of stock.
- 6Stir the rice constantly, keeping at a simmer.
- 7As the liquid is absorbed, continue to add small amounts of stock.
- 8Continue this until all of the stock has been absorbed (usually 20-25 minutes) Remove from heat and stir in the thyme.
- 9Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shiitake Apple Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.9
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: