- 1 cup canola oil
- 8 lbs shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 6 ounces shallots, minced
- 4 ounces garlic, minced
- 6 ounces red bell peppers, diced
- 6 ounces yellow bell peppers, diced
- 6 ounces green bell peppers, diced
- 32 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups light soy sauce
- 12 ounces green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- salt, as needed
- (Mushroom stems can be used in making a broth later on.).
- Heat oil in rondo or large braising pan until hot.
- Add mushrooms, shallots, garlic and bell peppers to pan.
- Saute until mushrooms are softened.
- Add rice to pan; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until rice is hot.
- Stir in soy sauce, green onions, sugar and rice vinegar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sesame oil and season with salt.
- Spread rice mixture on sheet pan to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
We loved this rice! Tastes similar to rices I've tried in Asia. I didn't chill it, because DH prefers it warm. Also, I cut this recipe down to make 4 cups instead of 48! Once I converted some of the measurements it worked out well! Thanks!! Made for Magic Mushroom Tag.