1 hr 5 mins
The Shield's Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg opened in the 1740s and was a familiar gathering spot for burgesses, travelers, and townspeople. This recipe for herb dressing from a flier my mother received at Williamsburg is a favorite in our house! Cook time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine the pepper, salt, mustard, egg yolk, and vinegars.
- 2Whisking constantly, gradually add the oil slowly and gradually until the dressing is emulsified and becomes creamy.
- 3Whisk in the curry powder, thyme, and oregano.
- 4Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving, so that the herbs can release their flavor into the mixture.
- 5Note: please notice that there is raw egg yolk in this dressing- pregnant women are generally advised to avoid foods containing raw eggs.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shield's Tavern Herb Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1566.4
- Calories from Fat 1572
- Total Fat 174.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 962.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g