Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was submitted by 'Sita' and won US $50 in the past week's Thursday magazine's cooking contest. It does look good in the pic:)
- 10 small squid
- 10 small prawns (shelled and finely chopped)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- toothpick, for sealing
- Clean and wash the squids thoroughly.
- (Leave the fins and tentacles for stuffing).
- Apply half the limejuice and salt on the squids.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and chillies.
- Fry for 1 minute (till it becomes soft).
- Add the chopped prawns and squids (fins and tentacles).
- Add the turmeric powder.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garam masala powder and salt.
- Cook till it becomes dry.
- Finally add the corriander leaves and allow it to cool.
- Fill the stuffing in the squid pouch and seal it with toothpicks so that the stuffing should not spill.
- Shallow-fry it on low flame till golden brown.
- Serve with onion and lemon.