1/1 Photo of Shhh! Don't Tell Them It's Squash Bread
1 hr 15 mins
From my mother's aunt's collection. This recipe doctors up a cake mix with some pudding and yellow crookneck squash into 2 sweet tea loaves. You'll never know there is any squash hiding in this easy & moist recipe. She originally got this recipe from the Chicago Tribune back in 1978.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend, using an electric mixer, for 4 minutes.
- 2Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5" loaf pans.
- 3Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 50-55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 4Cool in pans 15 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shhh! Don't Tell Them It's Squash Bread
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 390.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g