1/3 Photos of Shh…don’t Tell Your Man That This is a Salad
4 hrs 10 mins
You know how some men won’t eat anything green—relying on meat and potatoes to fill them up? Don’t tell your man you’ve found a way to make him eat a huge plate of veggies-- topped with steak, of course! He will be amazed at the flavor of the steak and the chipotle dressing. A marriage of flavors made in heaven! Prep time is mostly marinating meat in the refrigerator. This recipe calls for 2 chipotles in adobo—if you don’t like heat, try using only one chile to start—taste it and decide if you want it hotter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For steak marinade
- 4 rib eye steaks, 6 oz
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 4 red radishes
- 3 avocados
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green onion
For salad dressing or steak topping
- 1Chop basil leaves and garlic.
- 2In a large zip-lock bag or large plastic container, add all ingredients for marinade. Add steaks. You can use rib-eyes or eye of round steaks or any other steak you like to grill. A thinner steak cooks quicker and looks nicer on the salad.
- 3Place in refrigerator 4 hours, turning meat once.
- 4Remove from refrigerator to grill. Grill steaks over hot coals or on a gas grill. Depending on the thickness of the steaks, grilling time will vary. For ½”-3/4” steaks, grill 5 minutes each side for medium rare.
- 5Remove steaks from grill and let rest.
- 6For dressing:.
- 7Chop up 2 chipotle chiles; add to a small mixing bowl
- 8Chop basil and garlic.
- 9Add ranch dressing and tarragon.
- 10Squeeze the juice of 2 limes into the dressing. Mix well.
- 11Cover the bowl with plastic and chill in refrigerator until use. This will keep up to one week.
- 12For salad:.
- 13Using 4 dinner plates, arrange a bed of romaine lettuce on each
- 14Top with ¼ C chopped cilantro on each plate.
- 15Slice avocadoes, tomatoes, red radishes and green onions.
- 16Arrange avocadoes, tomatoes and red radishes along outside edge of each plate. Scatter onions over each salad
- 17Slice each steak into ½” thick slices and arrange over salad.
- 18Drizzle dressing over each salad and steak. Serve with wedges of fresh lemon or lime for squeezing over the salad.
- 19Be amazed at the flavors!
You Might Also Like...
Nutritional Facts for Shh…don’t Tell Your Man That This is a Salad
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.7
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 505.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks
chipotle chiles in adobo