Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salad is wonderful great to take as a plate to a BBQ
- 8 ounces chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 750 g peeled & cubed pumpkin (I like buttercup as it is dryish)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander or 2 tablespoons mint leaves
Sundried tomato dressing
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 deg.
- Put pumpkin on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Spray with olive oil & roast for 30-40 mins or until it is tender & lightly caramelised.
- Allow to cool.
- To make salad dressing:.
- Put red wine vinegar & tomatoes in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Allow the tomatoes to soak in the hot vinegar to soften.
- Put this mixture into food processor & add remaining dressing ingredients. Process to combine but don’t over do it as the texture should be chunky. Toss pumpkin & chickpeas in the dressing onto a platter or individual bowls & sprinkle with the chopped herbs & ENJOY!