Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good fruit dish to serve with breakfast or a main dish. It is served warm and my kids have been known to plop down and eat a bowl full of it with ice cream. This recipe can be halved.
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned peach halves
- 1 (28 ounce) can peach slices
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (17 ounce) can apricot halves
- 1 (28 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice
- 1 (17 ounce) canpitted dark cherries
- 1 (17 ounce) can figs in light syrup
- 6 dozen almond macaroons (your preference) or 6 dozen coconut macaroons (your preference)
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, sliced
- 2 (2 ounce) packages slivered almonds
- 2⁄3 cup banana liqueur or 2⁄3 cup Cointreau liqueur
- Drain fruit well.(I reserve my juice for other recipes.).
- Crumble macaroons and place in a bowl.
- Slice bananas and sprinkle with lemon juice to keep from turning brown.
- Mix all fruits together until well blended.
- Layer macaroons and fruits equally into two 2-quart casserole dishes.
- Sprinkle the top of each casserole liberally with brown sugar and dot with butter.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Pour liqueur over almonds.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-30 minutes.