Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A much requested recipe from family and friends. I've been making this for about 15 years and have had nothing but rave reviews. I hope you enjoy it. This can be served hot or cold depending on your choice.
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup corn kernel, fresh (or frozen)
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta, cooked
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
- Serve hot or allow to cool and serve cold.
I made this tonight for dh and myself because I was craving pasta salad.Wonderful salad with great taste and texture. I love cumin so the addition of cumin intrigued me. I have some left over so I will take it to work tomorrow, if it lasts :)