Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I could eat this stuff by the pound...it is delicious and always requested at any party I'm invited to. It has to be refrigerated for at least 6 hours before serving, so prepare accordingly.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, NOT Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (7 ounce) can shrimp (the small ones)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon horseradish
- Drain your shrimp to remove all liquid.
- In a medium bowl, with your electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the mayo and lemon juice, beating well.
- Add the shrimp and remaining ingredients to the cream cheese and mix well.
- Cover the mixture and chill for at least 6 hours before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve with crackers.
Very good, creamy and perfectly spreadable. The only change I made was to substitute fresh chives for the green onions. This is so light and airy after mixing with the electric beaters that when the shrimp are added, they stay whole and don't break up like they do in most spread recipes.
OH..MY...GOD!!! I think I just consumed my weight in this exquisite stuff! My cholesterol skyrocketed, my blood sugars soared (due to the fat and carbs) from the nearly half of a baguette I managed to polish off. I agree with Theresa..this is very versatile. The only thing I did differently was to add some finely minced celery. The hardest thing about this creamy rich sinful spread is the 6 hour chilling time. I plan to send myself to the cardiac unit by eating plenty of this as often as possible. Don't miss this stupendous shrimp bbutter. You will not be disappointed.
Yummy! This is going to the next party for sure. I chose this for the Spring 07 PAC event, it's a great recipe. Thanks Sherrybeth!