Recipe by Sherrybeth
I could eat this stuff by the pound...it is delicious and always requested at any party I'm invited to. It has to be refrigerated for at least 6 hours before serving, so prepare accordingly.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Very good, creamy and perfectly spreadable. The only change I made was to substitute fresh chives for the green onions. This is so light and airy after mixing with the electric beaters that when the shrimp are added, they stay whole and don't break up like they do in most spread recipes.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, NOT Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (7 ounce) can shrimp (the small ones)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain your shrimp to remove all liquid.
- In a medium bowl, with your electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the mayo and lemon juice, beating well.
- Add the shrimp and remaining ingredients to the cream cheese and mix well.
- Cover the mixture and chill for at least 6 hours before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve with crackers.