Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
These appetizers are very good and simple to put together. The recipe came from the epicurious forum several years ago. This is staple around the holidays at our house. They also look very pretty.
- 10 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 6 ounces cooked shrimp, cleaned and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 pinch dill weed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a 2" pastry cutter (or I use a drinking glass), cut 2 circles from each slice of bread.
- In small saucepan, melt butter, and add thyme. Brush bread circles with this mixture. Place on cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine shrimp with cheese, mayo, breadcrumbs and salt. when circles are cool, put a rounded T of shrimp mixture on each. Sprinkle with a pinch of dill and place under broiler for about 3 minutes.