Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is a recipe I recently came up with when DD #1wanted chocolate chip cookies. She's having "cravings" with her pregnancy and it would only do for her to have something with chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal. I've used Splenda brown sugar blend and Reese's peanut butter cup morsels to make something she would like and would be better for her.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 12 ounces reese's peanut butter cup morsels
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk together well or sift (whichever you prefer).
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend well.
- Stir in oatmeal flakes and peanut butter cup morsels.
- Spoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet with a tablespoon. (I use parchment paper).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.