Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe from Southern Living a few years back and I get more requests for it for Christmas gifts than anything....
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 large marshmallows
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup lime rind, grated (about 4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil and grease the foil with butter.
- Combine the milk, sugar and salt in a large, heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; stirring constantly.
- Once mixture begins to boil, cook it for 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the marshmallows, chocolate, lime rind and lime and mix well until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and cool completely.
- Cut into 1 inch squares to serve.
Very good and perfect, soft texture. I only prepared 1/4 recipe and only boiled it 1/4 time which is only 2 minutes. Not sure if this is a method to follow, probably not, but I got lucky and it turned out perfect.
mmmm...really good...made this for Christmas, though I used evaporated skim milk and regular limes as that was all I had around..came out perfect, and was really simple to make, as I had never made fudge before.. thanks!! :)
Easy to make and very creamy.