Recipe by sherry dolly
Top Review by Denise in da Kitchen
My husband loves snickerdooles, so I try to make them every year. This is the first time I have ever used a combination of shortening and butter. Although these cookies are easy and taste great, they didn't seem to be as tender or to puff up as much as my old recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Combine with moist ingredients.
- Shape dough into round balls.
- Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon.
- Roll balls in the mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.